How Can Yeast Beta Glucans Help Improve General Immune Health?
Today, there is substantial global concern over public health due to foreign challenges such as viruses. While a healthy immune system is our best defense against illness, it is also the foundation of overall wellness.
In addition to traditional methods of maintaining immune health, like washing hands frequently, getting enough sleep and eating a healthy diet, Wellmune®, a unique, clinically demonstrated yeast beta glucan, can also help support the immune system. When taken daily, as a supplement or in a functional food or beverage formulated with this unique yeast beta glucan, clinical research shows that Wellmune helps to support the innate immune system by priming it to be ready to react to a threat, rather than overstimulating it. In fact, a recent research review compared research on Wellmune and several other beta glucans and found Wellmune to be the best-studied, and the one that has demonstrated the best results. Here is a snapshot of some of the research.
Children and families.
Helping kids have more healthy days can help families thrive. Clinical studies show how Wellmune helps support kids’ immune health:
- In a clinical study, author Meng F. Et al. observed children taking Wellmune reported two-thirds fewer upper respiratory tract infections symptoms.
- The study also observed, children taking Wellmune were significantly healthier, with 62% reporting “good” health status, verses 15% taking the placebo.
Athletes and weekend warriors.
Athletes at all levels can face harsh environmental factors (increased exposure to crowds or travel exhaustion) as well as physical and psychological stress. Supporting our immune health through diet and exercise helps keep the body active, and research shows Wellmune provides clinically demonstrated immune support for athletes.
- In a clinical study, McFarlin BK, Et al. observed marathoners taking Wellmune for four weeks experienced a 40% reduction in upper respiratory tract infection symptoms.
- Validating previous research with athletes, Mah E, Et al. observed Wellmune reduced total severity of upper respiratory tract infection symptoms and duration of symptoms during marathon training and post-marathon participation.
As we age, our immune system slows and weakens, but the desire for an active lifestyle does not. To combat this, older adults must take a proactive approach to staying healthy by supporting their immune function. Wellmune is safe and effective to support healthy aging.
- In a cold-and-flu season pilot study with older adults, Fuller R, Et al. observed Wellmune demonstrated a strong trend towards reducing the number of upper respiratory tract infections, reducing symptom days of a cold and providing statistically significant changes in the body’s response to viral encounters and inflammation.
- Fuller R, Et al. observed participants taking Wellmune had a 16% decrease in total upper respiratory tract infection symptom days.
No one is immune from stress, and unfortunately, more and more people are suffering from health-related problems that come with chronic stress. One of the most detrimental effects of harmful stress includes the suppression of the immune system. Research shows Wellmune helps reduce the effects of stress.
- In a clinical study Talbott SM, Et al. observed there was a 62% reduction in the number of stressed women reporting upper respiratory tract infection symptoms.
- Lifestyle stress has been shown to suppress the immune system, putting otherwise healthy individuals at risk—especially during cold-and-flu season. In this study, Fuller R, Et al. observed Wellmune demonstrated a strong trend towards reducing the duration of upper respiratory tract infection symptoms for medical students.
Wellmune is committed to providing a safe and efficacious immune heath ingredient.
A well-supported immune system is the best defense against health challenges. In addition to traditional preventative measures (sleep, nutrition, and active lifestyles), supplementing the diet with immune support ingredients such as Wellmune, may help increase feelings of general well-being, helping you to be well and stay well.
Learn more about the research that demonstrates Wellmune’s ability to support the immune system here.